1. Pre-cinema and early animation:
thaumatrope, phenakistoscope, zoetrope, Edwaurd Muybridge, Joseph Plateau and Emile Reynaud
2. Jan Svankmajer - Meat Love
3. PES - Kaboom and The Deep
4. Eric Dyer - Kinetic Sandwich
5. Caroline Leaf - The Owl Who Married a Goose (sand animation)
6. Michael Langan - Dahlia
Select 2 of the films and compare the techniques - describe what you saw and how the different techniques elicit a reaction or an emotion. Do the films show an unusual movement for the selected objects.